High-temperature power connectors – SCHURTER with a full range of products meeting IEC 60320, C22 & C21 @ 155⁰C © SCHURTER AG
For applications requiring high power and corresponding power connectors rated for use at elevated ambient temperatures, SCHURTER now offers the 1681 appliance inlet and mating 1658 and 1659 cord connectors.
SCHURTER introduces its high temperature inlet and cord connectors series to extend its range of IEC high-temperature power inlets and outlets according to IEC/UL 60320. The high-temperature appliance inlets and cord connectors are designed according to IEC for 16 A at 250 VAC, and according to UL / CSA for 20 A at 250 VAC. Pin temperature may reach a maximum of 155°C.
Furthermore, the appliance inlets and cord connectors meet the requirements of IEC 60335-1 for household appliances, which covers enhanced requirements of glow wire tests for unattended household appliances according to IEC 60695-2-12 and -13. They have approvals from ENEC, UL/ CSA and CCC.
The high-temperature appliance inlet, series 1681, offers types for snap-in or screw-on mounting. The inlet can be specified with terminals for solder, quick-connect or screw connections. The cord connector comes in a straight, series 1658, and an angled, series 1659, design. Cables with a conductor cross-section of up to 2.5 mm2 or 10 AWG can be used.
The IEC high-temperature appliance inlet and the cord connectors are RoHS and CHINA-ROHS compliant. They are used in equipment that operate in elevated ambient temperatures and/or with high currents, such as datacom equipment, where increased power and decreased size are trending, as well as portable industrial equipment such as heating systems.
Detailed specifications are available in the data sheets.
- Standards: IEC 60320, IEC 60335-1, IEC 60695-2-12 and -13; UL 498; CSA C22.2 no. 42
- Approvals: ENEC, UL, CSA
- Nominal rating IEC: 16 A / 250 VAC, 50 Hz
- Nominal ratings UL / CSA: 20 A / 250 VAC, 60 Hz
- Permissible operating temperature: -25°C to 155°C
- Mounting of high-temperature appliance inlet: snap-in or screw mounting, from the front side
- Connection of high-temperature appliance inlet: Solder, quick connect or screw terminals
- High-temperature cord connectors with screw terminals for cable connections
Source: SCHURTER AG