Femtosecond thin disk lasers like the JenLas® femto series provide an outstanding machining quality that saves post processing steps like deburring by means of electro-polishing.
The short pulse duration of about 550 femtoseconds facilitates processes such as
- non-thermal ablation of nearly all materials (damage- and burr-free processing of polymers, nitinol, etc.)
- non-linear absorption in transparent materials (efficient machining of sapphire or glass)
- material-selective ablation in multi-layer systems
- inner marking of transparent materials
- machining of organic, inhomogeneous materials like genuine leather.
Besides laser sources, Jenoptik delivers optical accessories such as circular polarizers, beam expanders or F-theta objective lenses. The company also offers the development of customized optical solutions from laser to the focus for healthcare and industrial laser applications, as well as worldwide application and service support with subsidiaries in Europe, in the U.S, and APAC regions.